Here is the place where goddesses live and prosper even though the world is ruled by monotheistic religions nowadays.
The images and myths about goddesses have been present in my life since early childhood. A couple of years ago I came across the decks of goddesses oracle cards. The images were beautiful and there was a short guide attached to each deck but I was searching for the texts that would provide more meanings and interpretations. I have not found any so I decided to write them myself.
While searching for the information and the myths concerning goddesses I clicked many pages and blogs concerning old religions, paganism and Wicca. Even though I agree and support the general message about the lack of spiritual and divine feminine in our culture, I do not always like the details that I find. Let me enumerate what I find discouraging and what you will not find here.
1. Despite being highly spiritual I am also pretty much brain and logics oriented person. I do not buy just any idea that the ‘masters’ and ‘gurus’ want to sell to me.There is a lot of chit chat hidden behind ‘spiritual messages’.
2. I am tired of all that ‘Find Your Inner Goddess’ babble. In antiquity women worshipped goddesses but did not go telling everybody they were divine themselves (and if they did, it did not end up well, have a look at the myth of Niobe in the post about Artemis). Not every woman is a goddess and not each of them has to be, really! It is absolutely enough to be simply a woman, not a shrew.
In fact I observed that most people require rather working with the opposite energy i.e. women should strengthen their male component while men would gain a lot by befriending their female side. In this way we feel balanced within and do not need to search for confirmation and acceptance in the outside world.
3. I do not always agree with the messages of goddesses presented in the decks because I always rely most on the actual myths and symbols connected with the goddesses, not on what the author of the deck wants the goddess to be like.
4. I will not tell you to organise the circles of female witches. Feminine energy is not good by defaut. Feminine energy is what it is, a feminine energy. You should work on yours to make the best of it but it does not guarantee that women around will encourage and support you. Usually they will not.
5. I will not tell you what to do nor what decision to make, I will not suggest practising Feng Shui or working with crystals. I will not give you any recipes nor magical rituals to heal your life. I will not tell to give all your problems to angels because I strongly believe that regardless of our faith in God/Higher Forces or lack of it, we all have the power to get up after the fall and to lead our lives in the directions we want.
6. I do not like the fact that most of modern paganism is based on mercantilism. ‘Buy this lovely statue of Isis’, ‘buy this magical symbol which will bring you love’, ‘this spiritual book will provide you with recipes for success’ etc. I cannot see anything spiritual in that, these are very earthly powers! I promise I will not be trying to sell anything to you.
7. I will not tell you to see only light around you. The world is not the place full of light, it is our natural environment therefore you should be prepared for attacks of predators and souleaters feeding on your good intentions&empathy.
8. I am neither Wiccan nor pagan myself. Surprisingly deep inside I still have that old belief into The One which I was taught in my Catholic past. But right now after doing some research and thinking a lot about it, I perceive Him as a whole with Sophia The Divine Wisdom whom I ask for guidance&inspiration. Still in most cases I prefer the pagan point of view much more than the Catholic one .
9. My motto is ‘Dig deeper’ (by Horatio Caine). I try not to stay on the surface but to get to the core. Analysing myths and symbols will tell you much more about the meaning of the card that reading just a booklet or a notice on a card.
10. I am not a fortune – teller and I do not spread cards for money. However if you think, I could help you in any way, let me know, I will see what I can do. Remember that there is the law of exchanging energies in the universe so if I do sth for you, you should do sth for me (at least leave a comment or click ‘Like’ under the post). Thank you in advance.
If this does not discourage you ;) then welcome to the Land of Goddesses.
And this is what I write in Introduction.